Elements.cloud provides affordable tools required for sustainable data privacy
This article gets into the detail of customizing Salesforce and Pardot to support GDPR compliance; what is GDPR, building a data inventory of personal data, custom objects to track permissions/consent, where the Individual object fits, and finally how to drive email marketing and unsubscribes cycle.
Watch this short video that shows the principles of the Data Privacy Manager and a demonstration of the functionality
Data Privacy Manager App
GDPR requires you to show evidence for every contact/prospect that you have valid data privacy permissions for each type of communication and that it has an expiry date. This is more than simply adding a few more checkboxes to the Contact object.
You need to ensure your marketing and sales teams stay effective and focused on the right prospects / customers, not tied up in data entry.
You don’t want to change your marketing model, so the managed app has the flexibility built in. But it also has the structure to keep your users on the right side of the GDPR auditors by controlling their data input through marketing defaults.
Rules Based Options
Add a permission and the opt-ins are automatically added based on your communication rules.
Auto-Expire and Alerts
Permissions automatically expire based on expiration rules and screen alerts stop users contacting the person by mistake.
A single unsubscribe button on a communication ensures ALL opt-ins for the different permissions are automatically unsubscribed
Dashboards and Reports
Get a clearer picture of your GDPR compliance with dashboards and reports of Leads and Contacts.
Installing the App
The app is available in AppExchange. On your right is a screenshot of the listing of Contact record. In the right panel are all the active and expired permissions and the left panel has the allowed communications based on the active permissions, with the unsubscribe on the dropdown.
The annual cost is $3,000 per org.
“We have no option other than to document our data and our processes in the CRM system. For me, Elements.cloud has turned up just at the right time and is exactly the right product.Iain Henderson
Aegon Asset Management, CRM Manager
“What is great about Elements.cloud is that it brings everyone together on the same page when it comes to documentation.Stephan Garcia
GDPR Super Heroes
Data Inventory & Field Categorization
Don’t spend hours building a spreadsheet with data fields for all your apps that you know will be out of date tomorrow.
Use the Elements Integration for Salesforce to build a Ref Model for your Salesforce Org. It takes less than 6 mins to install and configure the managed package. It syncs all your fields for the core platform and managed packages, plus all your customizations, to a Ref Model.
Salesforce Pardot & Mailchimp:
Use the integration apps to build CSV files which are used maintain Ref Models. It syncs the standard and custom fields.
Create a CSV file and use the import. Based on demand, we will build automated syncs for other marketing, CRM and support apps e.g. Eloqua, Hubspot, DocuSign, ZenDesk… Talk to us.
- For every field listed in a Ref Model, you can categorize where Personal Data is held and add supporting information.
- “Smart categorization” of Salesforce fields is based on a rules base which is a huge time saver. For a standard Org over 30% fields are pre-categorized.
- Bulk changes to field settings. You’ve been through and validated all the Personal Data fields. Now you can mark every other field in an object as Not Applicable in a single click.
- Report on the status of your categorization work.
- See status graphically.
- Get daily notifications of new or updated fields that need categorization.
The Pro Plan cost is $730 per editor per year (viewers free) Nonprofits get a 50% discount
6 Steps to build a Salesforce Data Inventory
- Register for Elements, create a Space and use free trial to upgrade to PRO
- Install the Elements Integration for Salesforce managed package
- Configure the integration
- Build Data Inventory by syncing Salesforce Org config data into Elements Ref Model
- Categorize fields for GDPR compliance with time saving smart-categorization and bulk update
- View analytics and run reports
Privacy by Design
Map processes with version control that satisfies the regulators and helps your staff maintain compliance.
- Quickly map operational processes, using an approach proven over 20 years and 1000+ projects.
- 13 pre-built process examples that support the GDPR clauses that you can use as a starting point e.g. Subject Matter Access Request, Reporting Data Breach. click to see examples
- Link activity boxes to supporting content, training, apps and GDRP clauses so it is training material.
- Apply easy, but rigorous, version control to process diagrams to meet regulatory standards.
- Give all users access to process diagrams directly or embed them inside Salesforce objects so they understand what they should do to comply.
- Implementation Methodology – as a process map – to help you plan your GDPR compliance project. click to see example
PRO Plan: $730/Editor/year, Viewers free. Gives you version control of processes plus much more
FREE Plan: free for ever for everyone