We are one of the hottest startups in the Salesforce ecosystem. We’re expanding rapidly and are looking for like minded people to join the party.
We’re US headquartered but you can work remotely as most of team already does. We prefer to spend money on team get-togethers in fun places, than spending it on offices that no-one wants to commute to.
We’re looking for people who are happy to step out of their comfort zones, and want the opportunity to be mentored and grow professionally in an exciting early-stage growth company.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will manage the production environment by maintaining availability, scalability, disaster recovery, backup systems, system security, and performance. You will be responsible for resolving complex issues that involve being resourceful, employing creative problem-solving techniques, and the ability to identify the root cause of the problems. You will bring expertise in the way of providing architectural guidance for infrastructure and application improvements and introduce the extensive automation of repetitive management tasks and deployments into the production environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation, and support of infrastructure components that host the customer-facing production applications
- You’ll build automation and scalability to support processes for the organization
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing customer mobile and web applications
- Design, build and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure
- Collaborates with Support, software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure resolutions are delivered with repeatable and audit-able processes
- Support and troubleshoot high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments
- Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies
- Participate in incident and change management on all devices and operating systems
- Perform maintenance as required
- Participate in on-call schedule and patch rotations
- AWS DevOps
- ECS for containerized workloads
- CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, Code Build, Code Deploy
- Redis, Mongo, Firebase
- Prometheus and Grafana for custom metrics
The ideal candidate would have the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of work experience in an IT environment
- 2+ years of Linux Systems Engineering/Architecture experience
- Experience in progressive delivery methodologies such as canarying, blue-green, A/B, etc.
- Proven, expert-level experience working with highly-distributed systems, scalability and SaaS applications with a proven ability to speak authoritatively about architectural, design, and implementation details
- Proven ability to script using languages like Node, Perl, Bash, or Python
- Understanding of systems hardening and secure systems configuration
- Understanding of security concepts such as Firewalls, IPS, IDS, VPN, and MFA
- Ability to thrive as an individual or a small team member on projects
- Extensive experience and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope, requiring in-depth evaluation as well as the ability to identify problems in advance and propose solutions
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results, and set priorities appropriately and independently
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and editorial abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work on a 24×7 on-call, weekday and weekend schedule
Please apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com.