Salesforce have come a long way and we’ve been with them from the beginning – 2001
It is not until you look back that you realize how far you have come. We have been a customers of Salesforce from the very early days. At Nimbus in 2001 (the exact timing I forget) we became a early customer when Salesforce was 2 guys (Steve Garnett and Ryan Ward) selling out of a Regus office in Bracknell, UK. The application had JUST leads, accounts, contacts – and maybe opportunities – and the selling point was that it was in the cloud – so access anywhere.
We embraced everything Salesforce had to offer
- We customized using Force.com building out 80+ objects in the areas of HR, Training, Expenses, Compliance, Asset Management, Hosting Management and Procurement. All before apps were on the AppExchange.
- Every employee in the company was a Salesforce user, because we were a “customer company”
- As a result we were a UK reference customer and were regular speakers at Dreamforce.
- We were one of only 3 customers speaking at the first “Dreamforce” (before they were called Dreamforce) in the UK in 2001 with Marc and 150 people in the Institute of Directors in London.
- We implemented Chatter when it first came out and became a “social company”
- We were early adopters of FinancialForce accounting in 2007.
- We were a Salesforce Customer Story in 2011
- And then we were acquired in 2011 and got a chance to step out and reflect for a few years.
- Our top expert on Salesforce went to work for Salesforce.
- In 2014 we got the Nimbus founders back together and created Elements – a reboot of Nimbus – and we are Salesforce customers again
- In 2016 we launched Elements – 100% cloud free business analysis app for #AwesomeAdmin – as we are focused on supporting Salesforce implementations.
- and next…. see you are Dreamforce 2016
How far have you been with Salesforce on their journey?
Take a look at the infographic below and see if you can remember where you joined Salesforce on their fantastic journey.